2015年6月7日 星期日

0399_dumpster

0399 Daily Easy English Expression PODCAST—dumpster
中譯/中文意思: 垃圾子母車
Dialog at: 3:46 and 6:23

A: Mom, where are my comics?
B: I put them away~
A: Where?
B: In the dumpster!
A: What? No~~



http://www.wikihow.com/Dumpster-Dive

Dictation:


Hello, everybody,

My name is Coach Shane, and welcome to Easy English Expressions. You and me everyday. Come on. Let’s master English.

Hello, everybody. Welcome back to Daily Easy English expression. Thank you very much for listening to this podcast. You can listen to all 399 podcasts. You go to my website. It’s easy, www.letsmasterenglish.com. Go there. Check LME radio, “Let’s Master English Radio”. And you can find all my podcasts. You can download them, read the conversations. It’s all free. Thank you so much, guys. Hopefully, may I got lots bills and you can help me out. I’ll talk about that, maybe tomorrow. Today’s expression, what? “Dumpster”. Dumpster, D-U-M-P-S-T-E-R. You know, a couple of days ago, we studied “the dump” and “down in the dumps”. Remember that? What one more dump were “dumpster”. What is a “dumpster”? Yes, it’s a noun. A dumpster is the really, really, really large trash can, basically, that you can see at an apartment where many, many people live. They put their trash in one big huge metal garbage can, dumpster. That’s we call, we call it a “dumpster”. Just go to the google and doing image search “D-U-M-P-S-T-E-R”, “dumpster”.

It’s the same thing as the garbage, basically and it’s a fun word. What was not really a fun word, I mean it’s a real word. But we do have a something called dumpster diving. Dumpster diving is actually kind of funny and college kids use it. Now, dumpster diving could refer to homeless people who jump inside dive, D-I-V-E, inside the dumpster to find food. You know, people throw away food so if there’s dumpster outside a restaurant at night, you might find some homeless people going through the garbage, looking for food. It’s really terrible, truly sad. And we do have this expression, “dumpster diving”.

But college kids go dumpster diving all the time, too. College kids, you know, they live by themselves. Do they have any money? Of course not, they have no money. But, you know, they want furniture, they want something, some decoration. So many college kids, they go to a wealthy apartment building and they look at the dumpsters. And they’ll find furniture that people are throwing away, clothes that people are throwing away and they take it. Now these college kids, you know, they could have a nice school, expensive education, but they still go dumpster diving. In the dumpster, you can find, actually, you can find some pretty cool things, probably. I don’t know, I don’t go dumpster diving. All right, check out the dialog:

A: Mom, where are my comics?
B: I put them away~
A: Where?
B: In the dumpster!
A: What? No~~

Oh, mom. Mom, why did you throw away the comics? Comics, you know, a comics are a comic books. You know those fun books when you’re young. I don’t know, I guess old people read them, too. But when I was kid, I used to like reading comics and I like superman comic books. It was a comic book called “Archie”. Archie was a boy and he’s pretty cool. What else? “Garfield”, oh, Garfield was great. “The far side”, far side, one of the greatest comic books ever, oh, I loved it. Do you like comic books or did you, did you like comic books when you were young? Still? It’s possible, why not? You know, if I had, gosh! I don’t know, I had. When I was young, I probably had fifty or sixty comic books. If I still had those comic books today, they would be worth money. Oh, yeah. In America, people could collect comic books. Damn! I wish I still had them. I could be rich. I could have a real studio and stay of the silly studio that I have. I am not complaining. I like it.

In the dumpster, of course, your regular garbage goes in the dumpster. Once again, dumpsters are really huge, so inside the dumpster, you could find table even a chair, maybe even a couch. I find old magazines, old clothes, electronics, you could find a lot of things in the dumpster, especially, in the rich neighborhood. If you don’t have a lot of money, if you are college student, maybe homeless, you might be tapped to go dumpster diving. Now, I hope that none of you ever need to go dumpster diving, unless you’re a college kid, and you’re looking for a cool chair. That I understand. That’s it, everybody. Thank you so much for listening. Have a fantastic day. Stay out of the dumpster, please. Do not put my podcasts in the dumpster, please. Listen to the dialog two more times and together let’s master English.

沒有留言:

張貼留言